Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Did Roger Clemens Take Steroids?

Dear Friend,

Like most of you, I have heard nothing but this Roger Clemens things for the past couple of days.

I think most of the people are missing the big picture.

Like what kind of monster is professional sports.

I really don't care if he took steroids or not.

Just the fact that it is even a problem is outrageous to me.

I can't believe that the game and fans are having to deal with this problem.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I never thought sports would ever get this low
of a point.

To pay as much money for tickets, shoes, spots wear and the outrageous prices of stadium food and beverages, it's mind boggiling that athletes allow the fans to see them dis respect the sport so much.

If he took steroids, that's soemthing he is going to have to deal with and face.

It's just really bad for the sport with so much negative issues.

It diminishes the sport greatly and takes away a lot of credibility.

I would love to hear your opinion on the matter.

Add a comment below.

Your Coach
Rali Todd
www.ballandgopro.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Listening to his denials, I'd like to believe him. But watching his face makes me doubt him, and considering the stellar performace at his age has to count as strike two. If he's innocent, I'm afraid he's going to have to prove it. The biggest thing in his favor is actually the disreputability of his accuser - that guy is a cheater for sure, so I'm willing to give Clemens the chance to prove himself.

The bigger question is the complicity/duplicity of the entire league - owners, players, commissioners office, all the way down the line. Let's face it - pro baseball was in the dumper after the strike, and needed some help to make a comeback. What better than to have a home-run derby chasing the all-time records? It worked - but there's little doubt it was artificially induced.

And lastly - what about the duplicity of the fans themselves? You've opted for the high road - but I'm not sure you are in the majority. Generations change - and if it means more action, and more excitement, I would not be surprised to have the fans support it. What they would need to justify it, is a pre-enhanced vs. post-enhanced set of records. Science fiction books and movies often presage the real future. The action-junkie mindset, and profit-fueled business rules evidenced in stories like Rollerball, The Running Man, and countless others predict a somewhat darker future for those of us that preferred our sports to remain pure. Umm, if they ever really were.